The client had a wide variety of products and a large sales team touching markets in Asia. To simplify the complex business model, improve customer service, and support levels, the client chose SAP. Additionally, they considered SAP technologies as a great tool to improve supply chain availability to promise, use the stocks more efficiently to reduce the dead stocks and losses & warehouse management, and other mission-critical business processes.
The client’s investment in SAP fell short of expectations due to an unreliable and inexperienced IT partner, particularly in Application Management Services (AMS).
- Inferior quality support services.
- A six-month backlog of over 300 open tickets.
- Poor documentation.
- An unstable SAP environment due to patches, hot packs, and service packs not being released on time.
- Root causes went unaddressed, leading to recurring problems in order management, service management, and marketing activities.
- Prioritized the ticket/project based on urgency and escalated accordingly.
- Assigned oversight of the ticket to an account manager/ engagement manager who was responsible for ensuring the deliveries.
- Documentation with instructions and screenshots were provided as the technical/functional consultants came up as the solutions.
- The development or functional work was completed in DEV, the changes were transported into the QAS system. The engagement manager reviewed the project documentation and was responsible for testing the development or functional configuration prior to client validation and testing in QAS.
- The client SME was provided with all documentation for the project/ticket and was asked to test the development or functional configurations in QAS.
- The Director of IT signed off on every transport request before the development or configuration is transported into the PRD system.
Following this process, we prevented changes from being transported into the production system before thorough testing was completed.
- Continuous change management, learning & development across the organization about SAP operations processes that contributed to streamline the ongoing operations of multiple manufacturing units and retail outlets.
- 23% increase in sales for service vertical reduction of COGS by 3%.
- Developed a new sales channel for web sales that accounted for 6% of revenue.
- Increased customer satisfaction with reduced call center waits times.
- Effective customer journey mapping Implementation of the hub and spoke.
- Supply chain predictive maintenance using IoT.